Computers & Ethics Lecture Notes + Recommended Podcasts
It is change, continuing change, inevitable change, that is the dominant factor in society today. No sensible decision can be made any longer without taking into account not only the world as it is, but the world as it will be. — Isaac Asimov
This is not a blog post! I wanted my Medium to include the lecture notes at Bahçeşehir University, Faculty of Engineering and Natural Sciences, Artificial Intelligence Engineering Department in the Spring 2022 Term. So I thought it would be more accessible.
I invited valuable and expert guests to the lecture. We had a great time with the interactive participation of international students. I have decided to present to you the notes I have drawn from our technical and non-technical discussions regarding new technologies and ethical practices from the perspective of different cultures. I hope this has been of great use to some of you!
- Week: Introduction and Defining the Field of Computer Ethics
- Week: Perspectives on Artificial Intelligence
- Week: Concepts of AI Ethics
- Week: Technical Recommendations on the Ethics of AI
- Week: Ethical Principles, Benefits, and Issues of AI
- Week: Data Privacy-Preserving Techniques
- Week: Legal Aspects of IoT
- Week: Cybersecurity Cases on Global Perspectives
- Week: AI Ethics Stakeholders and Ethical Digital Ecosystem
- Week: Human Rights and AI
- Week: AI Ethics & Consequences
- Week: Blockchain and Ethical Perspective
- Week: Metaverse and Gaming Technologies by Ethical Perspective
- Week: Responsible Use of AI in Digital Organizations
- Week: Reliable AI and Technical and Non-Technical Methods of Realizing it for Designing Better Future — Student Presentations, Discussion, and Conclusion
Computers & Ethics Lecture Notes
"Framing a discussion of the risks of advanced technology entirely in terms of ethics suggests that the problems raised…
At the end of the lecture notes, I would like to give some podcast recommendations.
My other posts with similar content:
Towards Data-Centric AI
Considering a data-focused framework for the future of machine learning
What is Algorithmic Bias?
“Sometimes respecting people means making sure your systems are inclusive such as in the case of using AI for precision…